Sunday, April 3, 2011

Treasures

Hello all,

Sorry for lack of posts lately, but there is much cooking that I hope to share soon including my first ever limited print of one of my paintings, and preparing for the first Latino Comic Book Convention. More on these things and more news later. For now, I'm going to switch things up a bit and just share some photos. We had the last of our snow, it seems, but before it went away I did another little snow mission. This one maybe was a bit more abstract to recognize, but if someone with pirate knowledge stumbled across this, a treasure they would find! Yar!

This is what it involved:
-2 food colors ($2)
-2 spray bottles ($2)
- 5 packs of gold coin chocolates ($5)
Total of $9

I buried the chocolate coins and painted a red 'X' to mark the spot. I did a few, but had a late start so it started getting a dark fast, so I was only able to snap this one photo. Whoever picked up on this pirate visual language would find some treats (frozen, but still treats!)


Here are some more treasures I recently found:

Sometimes while walking around I like to stare up. That way I tend to find some interesting things that probably would go unnoticed in everyday life. One day, I saw this window way up high and it caught my attention:


Then I looked over (as instructed) and saw this:

Someone had made a Post-It note heart with a smily face and a sun. I loved it! It was a nice surprise and the fact that someone took the time to do this small thing- it just made my day. Also, I liked the jack-o-lantern eyes! Here's what it looked like originally from my view. ( I zoomed in on these previous pics)


I also came across this Snow Giant in China Town:


He looked much bigger in person!

Lastly, and my favorite- sometimes there are treasures where you'd least expect... I saw this happy guy on top of a pile of garbage. Can you see him?


That's all for now. Thanks for visiting. I leave you with this quote from Roald Dahl (author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and much more):

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it"

-r                                                                                                                                                         





No comments:

Post a Comment