Sunday, January 30, 2011

Announcing Super Grammar!

 
Hi friends,

I hope the new year is off to a great start for you. I am really excited to announce a project that I have been working on for awhile, but really put it into high gear last year when we began showing the idea to publishers. Super Grammar  was created by my good friend Tony Preciado , who has poured his heart into something that we both believe is bigger than us. I teamed up with Tony in trying to realize this idea because Super Grammar is something that we both wished we had in school, back when we were first trying to learn about, and stay interested in grammar. Our goal is to help others with Super Grammar.
What we've done here is visualize some of the concepts of grammar and turned them into super heroes. So, for example, in Super Grammar you don't learn about the vague concept of a Double Negative, you actually get to meet the evil villain Double Negative, who tricks you into saying the opposite of what you mean!
We are trying to create visual aids to hopefully make it easier to learn grammar, but in a fun super hero way. Here's an example of another villain, The Fragment . He makes your sentences weak and crumbly!
These are just a few examples of Super Grammar. For more characters, sketches, and information, please visit supergrammar.com .
We are adding to it constantly, so check back often. As always, your feedback is appreciated!
We have big plans for Super Grammar and you can see our idea take shape at supergrammar.com . If you know anyone that would be interested in learning more about grammar or know educators that might find assistance with Super Grammar, please spread the word. Point them to supergrammar.com !
Its been fun drawing superheroes and Tony is bringing the fun with his writing. I met Tony Preciado  when I was an intern on the stop-motion film, James and the Giant Peach. I knew we'd be friends for life when I walked into their workspace and they were blasting music from Looney Tunes and talking non-stop about cartoons. Some of you may remember when I was doing my comic book, Pablo's Inferno , that I released two limited edition busts. I sculpted the Pablo one and Tony sculpted the Quetzal bust, it was amazing! Tony is super-talented and he's super-committed to this project. Out of everything that I have ever worked on, I really feel this one will make a difference. Once you take a look, we hope you can see that we've had fun creating Super Grammar!

Thanks for reading!

Rhode

5 comments:

  1. I am typing this as I lay on the floor. After reading your blog, I flipped backward in my chair and landed, with a loud 'thud' on the floor!!

    WHOA!! This is Super-Cool!! What a clever idea you guys have here. Anything that helps kids learn is, like you said, 'bigger' than most of us.

    Congrats, and I hope this does good for you guys. And I want an action figure of that weird, grey dude with the black dot on his palm. Wh' th'??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Javier! Thanks for writing and thank you for your feedback and encouragement! The weird grey dude that you speak of is The Period! He is small, but will stop any sentence in a single bound! You can see more at supergrammar.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhode! So happy to see you have a blog. Just wanted to say I got Cloud Boy and I am in love with your book! Your illustrations are so sweet. He melts my heart.

    Keep making more children's books! :o)


    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is creative, Rhode, I see you have much creativity for the creation of your books. Your books have a good creativity! Keep making more good things, Rhode. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the English... I am Brazilian. =)

    ReplyDelete